2015 ANNUAL CANADIAN PARA-EQUESTRIAN COMMITTEE ELECTIONS
The positions on the Canadian Para-Equestrian Committee (CPEC) are not specific in task and each position is for a two-year term beginning in February of the election year.
All individuals who are Para-Equestrian Canada (PEC) members over the age of 18 years old as of November 1st, 2014 are eligible to nominate and vote for PEC committee candidates.
Para-Equestrian Canada is now accepting nominations to fill three vacant positions on the Canadian Para-Equestrian Committee (CPEC). The Committee is seeking candidates who possess the passion and drive to work with other committed volunteer members to oversee the strategic direction of programs for riders with a disability.
Any individual being nominated for a position on the CPEC must submit the following information to Equine Canada on the required forms before the stated deadline:
• 2015 Nomination form with the endorsement and signatures of five (5) Para-Equestrian Canada members who were current as of November 1st, 2014
• Nominees must be a PEC members in good standing as of November 1st, 2014
• A letter of interest and biography (maximum 500 words) to be used as part of the election package sent to the membership. Please note: PEC will not be responsible for errors, omissions, or typographical errors.
• Photograph (to be used in the election package- minimum 200 dpi resolution)
• An Equine Canada media release announcing the annual election will be circulated annually
• All election documentation will be posted on the PEC website
• An election package will be sent to all current PEC members annually
• First Monday in November - Nomination procedures publicized (November 3rd, 2014)
• First Monday in November - Request for nominations (November 3rd, 2014)
• Last Friday in November - Close of nominations (November 28th, 2014)
• Second Monday in December - Mail-out of ballots & biographies (December 8th, 2014)
• Second Monday in January - Deadline for return of ballots (January 12th, 2015)
• Equine Canada Annual AGM - New members take office (TBC, 2015)
A scrutineer will be appointed by the CPEC for each election to oversee the counting of ballots and the announcement of election results. The scrutineer may not be a person whose term is set to expire on any CPEC committee.