|Attention Breed Sport Judges!!
There is a new classification of Equine Canada Judge. If you are a current Equine Canada senior American Saddlebred, Arabian, Hackney, Morgan, Road Horse, Saddle Seat Equitation or Welsh Pony & Cob judge you may be eligible for the new General Breed Sport Judge accreditation.
The General Breed Sport judge is authorized to officiate at any Equine Canada Bronze sanctioned Breed Sport event, without the requirement of a guest card. Please see following requirements:
GENERAL BREED SPORT JUDGES
(Breed Sport Divisions: American Saddlebred, Arabian, Hackney, Morgan, Road Horse, Saddle Seat Equitation, Welsh Pony & Cob)
ARTICLE B7801 GENERAL
1. General Breed Sport Judge status allows the Judge to officiate at EC sanctioned Breed Sport competitions. This status does not qualify General Breed Sport Judges to officiate in any other divisions unless carded by that breed or discipline.
ARTICLE B7802 APPLICATION FOR RECOGNITION
2. General Breed Sport Judges may officiate at EC sanctioned Bronze level only competitions.
1. All applications for General Breed Sport Judge status must be made on the application form available from EC and must be submitted to EC with all required documents by October 1st of the current year for review and consideration by the committee for the coming year.
ARTICLE B7803 GENERAL BREED SPORT JUDGE
2. All complete applications will be reviewed by EC and the Breed Sport Committee before November 30th of each year. The applicant will be advised in writing by EC as to the results.
Applicants for General Breed Sport Judge status must:
1. Hold an EC Gold Sport License and be a member in good standing of EC.
2. Submit a personal resume detailing the applicant's equine experience as owner, breeder, trainer, competitor, competition manager.
3. Hold senior judge status in any of the seven breed sport divisions.
4. Provide the names and addresses of three or more individual references, all of whom must hold an EC Gold Sport License.
5. Write the EC General Breed Sport Judge Test and obtain the required passing score.
NOTE: Test will be given to the applicant when all other requirements are met.ARTICLE B7804 MAINTAINING STATUS
1. General Breed Sport Judges must maintain senior judge status in any one of the seven breed sport divisions, and recorded status as a General Breed Sport Judge.
2. Failure to remain current and/or pay officials’ fees will result in removal of official status.
For more information please contact Wendy Gayfer, Program Coordinator, Non Olympic FEI Disciplines & Breed Sports, Equine Canada 613-287-1515, ext. 125 or email@example.com
General Breed Sport Judge Application Form
For more information and a copy of the General Breed Sport Judge Application Form please contact Wendy Gayfer, Program Coordinator, Non Olympic FEI Disciplines & Breed Sports, Equine Canada 613-287-1515, ext. 125 or firstname.lastname@example.org